Alexis Sanchez chose Barcelona to learn

Diposkan oleh Agus Ariefandy Syuhada on Tuesday, July 26, 2011




The Chile forward hopes to help the Catalan club win even more silverware, but was keen to avoid a comparison with Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo at his official presentation. Alexis Sanchez claims he is at Barcelona to learn from the best players in the world after being unveiled by the Spanish and European champions.

The 22-year-old Chile international has penned a five-year deal at Camp Nou after Barca agreed to pay Italian side Udinese a transfer fee that could total in excess of £33 million.
The Spanish side have added a £88m release clause to the player's contract and the forward is eager to help the Catalan outfit win more trophies.

"I am very happy and I came to Barcelona to learn from the best in the world like Xavi and [Lionel] Messi," Sanchez said during a press conference on Monday.

"I want to leave an impression and I hope to help Barcelona win more titles. Barcelona are the best team in the world."

Sanchez will get a taste of his first Clasico in August when Barcelona take on Real Madrid over two legs in the Spanish Supercopa.

Speaking of Cristiano Ronaldo, Sanchez added: "I don't like being compared with anyone, but Cristiano is a great player and I respect him."

Sanchez's transfer saga dragged on for most of the summer due to the player's participation in the Copa America and the difficult negotiations with Udinese, but the Chilean claimed coach Pep Guardiola was fundamental in his decision to move to Catalunya.

"He called me and for me this was very important. It gave me confidence that he wanted me," the player revealed.

Sanchez joins Barcelona after three years with Udinese, where his 12 goals in 31 games in Serie A helped the Italians secure a top-four finish last term.

source : goal

Related Post



{ 0 komentar... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment